Worship Service check-in begins each Sunday morning at 10:15am.
We desire to maintain a clean and allergy free environment to protect all our children.
Visitors: Please go to the Children's Check In Area located in the main corridor to receive instructions on check in and procedures. We would love to meet you and answer any questions.
At Rivercrest, we have children's ministry available during the entire service for children aged from infant through K4. Children in K5 will attend the service and be dismissed for their teaching time after the Children's Message. Children will head to the back of the sanctuary to meet their teachers and proceed to their class. Parents will pick up their children at the end of the service. It is our goal that this will help our young ones transition into joining their parents in the service full time when they begin 1st grade.
All regular attenders will check their children in at the Children's Check In Area. They will receive their printed name tag and you will receive the pick up ticket corresponding to your child that is to be presented at pick up.
Our Rivercrest Kids classes are divided up as follows:
Infant - Early Walker
Toddler - K4
K5 - 5th Grade - RiverKids
Kids in 1st-5th grade are welcome to join us for RiverKids each Sunday from 9:30-10:15am in the RiverKids Room. In keeping with our core values of worship, community, and mission, we also try to provide a unique time for our kids to connect with one another, to be taught the truths of God in a comfortable setting, and to begin to think together about how we all are called to serve God as ambassadors of His kingdom on earth.
After finishing Kindergarten, we ask that RiverKids join their families or caretakers in the Corporate Worship Service.
We do this for several reasons:
1. Children need to see adults worship, and adults need to see children worship.
2. We want to see relationships built across all generations in the Church.
3. Sharing together in the Worship Service provides opportunities for us to talk about those things with our children. We encourage each child to take a "Sermon Notes for Kids" page before the service to help follow along.
4. Children will be exposed to the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper in the context of worship.
5. Children need to know that they are not just the Church of tomorrow, as some have stated, but that they are vital participants in the Church of today! Children help in serving, they participate in joining their voices together in song, and they help to greet those who are gathered.
6. Children need to know that the Church is there to sustain them in every stage of life.
Contact our Children and Youth Coordinator
Leah Morvay - l