Worship Service check-in begins each Sunday morning at 10:15am.
We desire to maintain a clean and allergy free environment to protect all our children.
Visitors: Please go to the Children's Check In Area located off the main lobby to receive instructions on check in and procedures. We would love to meet you and answer any questions.
At Rivercrest, we have children's ministry available during the entire service for children aged from infant through K4. Children in K5 are encouraged to attend the service with their families, and may be dismissed prior to the sermon, though we encourage families to include their kids in the entirety of the service as early as they are ready. Parents will pick up their children at the end of the service. It is our goal that this will help our young ones transition into joining their parents in the service full time when they begin 1st grade.
All regular attenders will check their children in at the Children's Check In Area. They will receive their printed name tag and you will receive the pick up ticket corresponding to your child that is to be presented at pick up.
Our Rivercrest Kids classes are divided up as follows:
Infant - Early Walker
Toddler - K4
K5 - 5th Grade - RiverKids
Kids in K5 - 5th grade are welcome to join us for RiverKids each Sunday from 9:30-10:15am in the RiverKids Room. In keeping with our core values of worship, community, and mission, we also try to provide a unique time for our kids to connect with one another, to be taught the truths of God in a comfortable setting, and to begin to think together about how we are all called and equipped to serve God as ambassadors of His kingdom on earth.
After finishing Kindergarten, we ask that RiverKids join their families or caretakers in the Corporate Worship Service.
We do this for several reasons:
1. Children need to see adults worship, and adults need to see children worship. We are one church.
2. We want to see relationships built across all generations within the local body of Christ.
3. Sharing together in the Worship Service provides opportunities for us to talk about those things with our children. We encourage each child to take a Sermon Notes for Kids Page before the service to help follow along (they are available just inside the sanctuary doors).
4. Children will be exposed to the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper, hear the Word of God proclaimed, and have prayer modeled for them in the context of worship.
5. Children need to know that they are not just the Church of tomorrow, as some have stated, but that they are vital participants in the Church of today! Children help in serving, they participate in joining their voices together in song, and they help to greet those who are gathered.
6. Children need to know that the Church is there to sustain them in every stage of life.